Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thoughtful PinSpiration

I'm inspired every day when I scroll through Pinterest.  (Yes, I am on Pinterest Every Day and I'm not ashamed of that! Keep reading...)  The crafts.  The meals.  The desserts.  The clothes.  BUT ALSO, the quotes.  So let the creation of "Thoughtful PinSpiration" be born!

This one was pretty timely.

It has always bothered me the reactions to every one's "busy" schedules.  We do indeed GLORIFY it.  We are so proud of what we can accomplish in an hour, in a day, in a week etc.  The part that bothers me the most about the topic of "busy" is that we all become judgemental about it.  We are in awe of those who accomplish so much in their busy lives and we look down on those who don't keep as busy as we believe they should.

So what qualifies as busy?  Working at a job?  Cleaning a house?  Changing diapers? Volunteering?

Does sitting out on my deck enjoying the beautiful weather count as busy?  Surfing Pinterest?  How about doing crafts with my seven year old?  Does catching up with my friends count?  How about laying on the couch with my hubby watching TV?  Do those give me "busy" credit. I would bet not.

I'd rather be doing more of the latter.  The thing is, we all have 24-hours in each day. I'm not a math genius but 24 hour = 24 hours ... regardless of how you spend them.  I've been a full-time working mom and I've been a part-time working mom.  I'm here to tell you, they are both hard and they are both "busy." 

Life can keep us all busy but I'm going to focus on not being so busy.  I'm going to say, "no" more.  I'm not going to thrive on being busy anymore.  Life is passing by SO quickly!!  If I don't slow down, I will miss it.  Didn't Ferris Bueller teach me that?!?!?

So I am going to enjoy this amazing fall weather....even as it gets colder.
And I'm going to surf Pinterest so that AJ and I can do a Halloween craft tomorrow.
And I'm going to be to call/text/email my friends and family.
And Kevin and I are going to lay on the couch and watch random TV when the boys are tucked in.
And most importantly, I'm not going to apologize or feel bad about it.  I'm proud of that.

And when I struggle.... I'll pray.... because that's what I'm advised to do...

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 
Matthew 11:28

1 comment: