Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Is it a) Awkward; b) Creepy; or c) None of the Above

The boys LOVE to use the words "awkward" and "creepy."  Don't be impressed with their vocabulary.... they use them incorrectly 90% of the time.

Last night, I was taking Tyler to his first basketball practice that was at a local grade school (let's call it "C" assuming his school is "AR").  I told him we were going to C and he said, "that's the school that is the opposite of AR.  The gym and classrooms are on the opposite side....."

And then he described it as either "awkward" or "creepy". Take a guess.  Really.  Guess.

"....That's creepy!  And the building smells like ranch."

I love that kid.  I may have let him run with calling it "awkward" actually.  But not creepy.

You know when your kids say things wrong and it's sooooo cute?  That's how I feel about this.  I hesitate to correct them because I'm so entertained when they use it incorrectly.  I'm slowly correcting it.  Slowly.  This one I didn't correct because I was laughing too hard.  Maybe next time.  After all, I don't want him to be the awkward kid who is creepy or is it the creepy kid who is awkward???  Maybe I'm not the best teacher....

1 comment:

  1. that is just creepy awkwardness or awkward creepiness. hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete