Sunday, June 2, 2013

Memorial Day - Chicago Style

This time of year is soooo busy.  I don't know what I was thinking suggesting that we go to Chicago Memorial Day weekend.... but I'm soooo glad I did.  We had such a FUN weekend with a little break from work (for me) and from studying for the CPCU (for Kevin).

We drove to Illinois on Friday when Kevin got off work and headed to Pekin.  Saturday morning we got up bright and early and headed to LegoLand.  Tyler and AJ have been begging to go to LegoLand.  Me, I've been a little skeptical of the place.  I used to work at an indoor playground for kids.  Somewhere between 18 and 36, I have lost the patience for such places.  That being said, my little guys want to go, I'll go.

After a loooong wait in the "VIP" line, I said a prayer for patience and off we went.  Much to my surprise, this place was really nice.  Lots of cool lego sculptures, a couple 4D movies, a few rides, and a little lesson on how legos are made.  All in all, a fun experience!




The Lego Hippo had a stinky bottom.

Add caption






Ready for our 4D Lego Movie!


  

And then, off the ballpark!  So my awesome in-laws wanted to take the boys to a baseball game and treat them to some A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. seats.... and since I'm their mama... I got to go too.  Skip said this was something everyone should get to do once in their lifetime.  I'm hoping to be an over-achiever and sit in these seats again sometime.  Perhaps, I will treat my future-daughter-in-law to this same experience.  :)





<3











Ate our way through the ballpark...


Boys got to see their FIRST White Sox victory!  Guess having us sit in the scout seats was good luck!  (And yes, this was Memorial Day weekend.  Yes, we had to wear sweatshirts!)  Thank you Skip and Debbie!  This was a weekend I won't forget!!

No comments:

Post a Comment