Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Wrap-Up

Everything Halloween in one picture-filled post!  So many great Halloween memories to share.  Let's start with the crazy afternoon of class parties....

Tyler's Class Party: I didn't realize I had volunteered to be the homeroom mom for Tyler's class... but I am.  I wasn't able to take many pictures because I was busy playing a dice jack-o-lantern game. I had some great parents who volunteered to help out thankfully.  The kids made popcorn monster hands, played a dice jack-o-lantern game, played a Hershey kiss math game, ate at a snack station, and made a toilet paper jack-o-lantern craft.

Tyler with his monster popcorn hand.

Mr. Schermerhorn's first class party.  Ready to lead the dice game!

Mrs. Sullivan has this class in line!

AJ's Class Party was led by FIVE homeroom moms.  I didn't realize I volunteered for his class either... but here I am!  This one was pretty simple since I was only in charge of one station - the craft station of course!

Here we are, hard at work making paper plate ghosts.  Kevin is such a good sport!

One of the other moms took this picture.  Not exactly sure what is going on but certainly looks like AJ is up to no good!

And then there was the AFUMC Trunk-or-Treat! I absolutely love the idea of a trunk-or-treat. This is my third year planning it at AFUMC. Each year I stress out and each year it's awesome. A little colder than I would have liked this year but at least there wasn't any wind. The boys love this event too. We decorated our trunk but again, since I was busy running around, I don't have a picture of it.  This picture is courtesy of one of my favorite photographers - Stephanie. What would I do without my awesome friends....

Don't let the Luau in the background fool you - We were freezing!


I don't have a picture of the trunk but this Storm Trooper was part of festivities. Thanks to Kevin and Debbie for making him happen!
 

And then we Carved our Pumpkins..........

Real Men Eat Pumpkin Guts
He's So Brave


Tyler did a lot of the carving of his pumpkin this year.  He's getting so OLD!!!
 
 Trick-or-Treat!!!  Like every year, this night is so much fun.  Weather was much better than it has been in years past.  We got together with the neighbors for dinner.  Jack-o-Lantern pizza... OF COURSE.


So, funny thing about the costumes this year.  We were all going to be "classic" Halloween.  AJ - a skeleton, Tyler - Frankenstein, Me - a Mummy (because I'm their "mummy"), and Kevin - a Vampire.  We couldn't find a Frankenstein costume that Tyler liked.  AJ found a pretty cool skeleton costume that he chose and Tyler loved it and decided they should be twin skeletons.  I fought it for about 10 seconds and then gave in.  It should be their choice, not mine.  They showed their friends their costumes who also thought they were cool.  So this is what happened....

Skeleton - Party of Five

Peek-A-Drew

Strike-A-Pose-Skeleton-Style

Happy Halloween!!!


Whew!  I'm exhausted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment