Thursday, February 21, 2013

Conference Time!

This week we had conferences for the boys.  I don't typically get super excited about conferences for a couple reasons:
  1. I always know the boys' teachers.  I'm lucky that I can pop in after school and help with class parties so this isn't a time for me to get to know the teachers.
  2. The report cards are ridiculous.  Everything is broken out in to so much detail that I don't know what to think of their scores.
  3. Tyler and AJ are both easy going kids.  They are well behaved so I don't expect to a bad report about their behavior.
So, what else is there, right?  Well this time... conferences were awesome.  The boys both led their conferences so they could show us what they were learning.

AJ counted money so fast that his teacher thought he got it wrong... but he was right.  He did a good job reading to us even though he was embarrassed.  (Found out his ears turn bright red when he's nervous and/or embarrassed!)  He showed us how his writing has improved.  The letter he wrote for his conference melted my heart.  (Or in the words of Grandma Jane, "pulled on my heart strings!")  I scanned the letter below.  Of course, Miss Robinson said she loves having him in class and that he's a great student.

Tyler has led conferences before so he was a pro.  Walked in, sat down, and was ready to go. His teacher was on maternity leave at the beginning of the school year so this was the first time we got to sit down and talk about Tyler with her.  She started by telling Tyler that she hopes her son grows up to be the kind of kid Tyler is.  Can you get a better compliment than that!?!?  He wrote a personal narrative that was awesome.  It's a story about helping Grandma and Grandpa's neighbor on the tractor.  Grandma and Grandpa's neighbor will love the story!

I'm one happy/proud mama!!

1 comment:

  1. His note tugged at my "heart strings" too. He is such a sweet, loving little boy. "Mom"....you are reaping the rewards of being such an interactive and loving mother to AJ and Tyler. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to read just how special you are and how much you mean to your son. I am so proud of the terrific mother you are!

    ReplyDelete